Why Are Social Videos Important?
Social videos are digital videos created for sharing across various social media platforms.
They are specifically designed to be shareable, are optimised for digital channels and form a part of an integrated marketing plan to drive audience engagement through online activity.
Often confused with viral videos, social videos may not go viral, but have can be extremely successful.
They can offer amazing return on investment, great audience engagement and increase website traffic and conversion rates.
Social videos are in high demand. The current social landscape is impressive to say the least.
And what is everyone doing on these platforms? Watching videos apparently…..
- Facebook users spend 3X more time watching live videos than traditional videos.
- Videos under five minutes in length account for 55% of total video consumption time on smartphones.
- Native video uploads to Facebook have 10x higher reach compared to shared YouTube links, but
- YouTube is 11.3x bigger than Facebook in terms of hours viewed, both on the web and in-app,
- 90% of Twitter video views happen on a mobile device
- 40% of consumers state that video increases the chance they’ll purchase a product on their mobile device
Given this data, social platform algorithms are favouring video content, based on audience preferences. This means, the less video content companies publish, the less social media platforms will like them.
ROI of Social Videos
The beauty of social video is that you can set goals, track and measure metrics and produce clear and undisputable reports on its impact and effectiveness.
Hereʼs what video can do for your business:
- Generate 1200% more shares with social video than with text and images combined. – Brightcove
- Receive 41% more web traffic from search than companies without video.– Aberdeen
- Increase conversions by 80% or more by using video on a landing page. –Visually
- Grow company revenue 49% faster year-over-year than organization without video. –Aberdeen
- Engage 4x as many consumers with a video about your product than through text. – eMarketer
Ready to jump in and use social video in your business?